Here are the three steps families need to take:
1. Pick up a test kit!
- Schools will distribute COVID-19 test kits from December 20 through December 22. Please check your student’s backpack for the test kit.
- Families can also pick up a test kit from any District COVID Center, located in all 8 wards. You can find the COVID Center locations and hours here: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/covidcenters.
2. Test your student!
- All DCPS students are expected to take a COVID-19 test and report results on Monday, January 2.
- iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test instructions for use (English)
- iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test instructions for use (Español)
3. Upload your test results!
If your student tests positive, follow all isolation guidance from DC Health and your child’s healthcare provider. Individuals who test positive on a COVID-19 test cannot report for in-person activities and should remain at home during their isolation period. This includes students who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
FAQ: COVID-19 Testing for SY22-23 (Updated 12/6/22)
Will all students have to test to return from Winter break?
Yes! All DCPS students are expected to produce proof of a negative COVID-19 test administered within 24 hours prior to their return to school on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. All students who return after January 3 will also be required to show proof of a negative test before their return.
How can I get a test kit for my student?
Schools will distribute COVID-19 test kits from December 20 through December 22
Families can also pick up a test kit from any District COVID Center, located in all 8 wards. You can find the COVID Center locations and schedules here: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/covidcenters.
What if I’m not able to pick up a test kit from my school?
If you cannot go to your child’s school to pick up a test kit, please visit a District COVID Center or a Rapid Test Pickup site to receive one.
Where do I report my results?
You can upload the results of each student’s COVID-19 test results here on Monday, January 2, 2023:
The test must be taken the day prior to returning from break, and the staff at your child’s school will have access to this information when you arrive at school.
What if I cannot access the website?
If you do not have access to a computer or tablet, please bring a photograph or copy of the negative test results to school on your student’s first day after break.